My First Unit Meeting

And so, I had my first unit meeting just now at 8:00 p. m.

We had a special guest, Mdm Archalee (who is my boss punya boss), who came by to get to know all of us.  Apparently, they are saying I'm lucky because first unit meeting dah ada orang besar datang.  (Right...)

Well, meeting starts out like all meetings do:  introductions first, reports, presentations, etc.  Even had a presentation on Top 10 Malaysian Food (which made us all hungry).

I had the opportunity to ask Archalee (who has 28 years of experience as an IBMer) what she really felt being an IBMer.  Personally, I really took to heart what she said about IBM giving its employees chances for career development, but only if YOU want to give yourself a chance to face the challenges to develop yourself for a better future.

Generally, a lot of people think too much about "What can the organization offer me?" instead of "What can I offer the organization?"  This generation base things too much on monetary value, and is afraid of hard work.  Why not expect more on career development instead of salary increment?

Honestly, been hearing a lot of statements about "Bila nak leave company nih??" and "Aku leave dulu sebelum ko."  This makes me wonder, is it the company or the people?


When I find out the answer, I'll let you guys know.

P/s:  Just had another photo session, since everyone was here today for the unit meeting.  It's a nice feeling to be part of team.







=)

0 comments: