The Ghost of You

Going back to Sg. Buloh Hospital was hard.

Walking through the same doors and walkways, into the ward (they all look the same, anyway) was a shock to my memory.  I could see everything clearly; could see that last and only time I stayed overnight with her at the hospital.

I lost a lady I loved very much; a lady I kept close to my heart like she was my very own grandmother.

It was hard putting on a brave face for the lovely company I was with; they themselves were putting on their own brave faces.  Maybe they saw bits of something; yet they didn't ask, and I'm grateful for that.  It would have broken me down.

What regrets did I have?  I regretted not spending more time with her.  I regretted letting my then personal life get in the way of our relationship.  I regretted not telling her how much she meant to me.

But I smile at my memories of her, of her sharing her joy for Indonesian dramas and cooking spicy food (In these cases, Aris's grandmother reminds me very much of her  XD ).  And for her patience with her daughters and sons, her granddaughters and grandsons.  And her joy for life.

Who would have thought that one incident would lead to such a loss?

She was well-loved by everyone who knew her.  You would, too, if you did.




=)

0 comments: